Capcom published a listing of their earnings showcasing some new all time high profits with plans for launching multiple new games.
On May 12, Capcom's posted their financial report on the last fiscal year, from April 1, 2019 to March 31, 2020. Capcom revealed their ambitious plans for their upcoming fiscal year that started on April 1, 2020. This year, the objective is to increase its console/PC game shipments to 28 million. This is a large increase from their 25.5 million shipments of the previous year. So, how does one make an increase so large, well it comes down to making more games and making them more easily available. Capcom plans on expanding their digital sales along with having flexible pricing models. Of course, the major new way to increase sales is creating new, blockbuster titles. It’s possible Resident Evil 8 will be one of those titles.
Its safe to say that Capcom saw some great increases, and plan on putting that money on expanding into new titles. Stay tuned for what Capcom is working on next!
- Capcom’s sales for the fiscal year are at around 81.5 billion Yen. This marks a decrease of 18.4% compared to last year.
- Operating income is at around 22.8 billion Yen. An increase of 25.8% compared to last year.
- Ordinary income is at around 22.9 billion Yen. An increase of 26.2%.
- In the “Amusement center” (arcade game centers, etc) sales saw an increase of 9.5% to 12.1 billion yen, and an operating income increase of 10.5% to 1.2 billion yen.
- In the “Amusement machines” domain (pachislot, UFO catchers, medal machines, etc), saw sales increased by 90.9% to around 6.5 billion Yen. Operating income decreased from 2.7 billion to around 2.1 billion Yen.
- Royalties from the sale of goods featuring Capcom licensed characters increased by 17.2% to around 3 billion Yen.